So at last IBM Docs 2 CR3 has been released and with it some awesome new features that the community have been asking for (thank you IBM).
What’s new in Docs 2 CR3? LOADS of new features and fixes including …
The most exciting is probably the ability to deploy the Conversion server on linux (finally)!!
- You can directly deploy Conversion server on Linux when installing IBM Docs.
- If you already have IBM Docs installed with Conversion server on Windows, you can migrate existing Conversion server from Windows to Linux.
A track change feature for the Docs editor which is another feature that has been on the wish list for a while
- Added Track Change support in Document Editor. People with editing access can use a new view in the sidebar to see what changes were made to the file and when and who. Changes can be filtered by the timeline and editors. File owners can turn Track Change on and off, and clear change history.
You can install CR3 straight over Docs 2, no need for the other CRs or iFixes – make sure you run the DB updates though to update the Docs schema.
Additional features and full realse notes can be found here: IBM Connections Docs 2 CR3 release notes
Download it now from Fix Central 🙂
At last what we have been waiting for the latest versions of IBM Connections and IBM Docs are available this Friday the 18th of December.
There are over 100 new features included nested folders, there is a new cleaner look continuing the trend that we have seen over the last two releases.
- Organize your documents, presentations and more into your own nested folder hierarchy in Personal and Community Files
- Brand new file viewer experience which allows you to find the content that you need faster and review it quickly without having to download
- Build powerful team sites specific for your team needs (e.g. HR, Sales, Marketing, etc) with new configuration capabilities such as:
- New community layouts
- Responsive apps so you can just drag-n-drop between columns in one motion
- Rename apps based on your audience
- A brand new Rich Content app which you can use for announcements or embedding content from the web
- and much more.. !
- Smart type-ahead search to find what you need instantly
- Enhancements to the rich text editor such as permanent pen, sort table data, and more
- Real-time alerts on your desktop (for HTML5 browsers) to notify you when content needs your attention
I am really looking forward to getting the latest releases downloaded and tested over the Christmas break .. great work from the product management team …
Read the full post on Luis blog here