On the 16th December I received the news that I am an HCL Master – which pleased me greatly.
HCL Masters help the community and HCL to respond quickly to partners and customers demands and deliver a higher level of support and service to everyone.
For those of you that don’t know being a HCL Master is similar to being an IBM Champion. I am continuing my “Winning streak” as I have been awarded the Champion/Master title since the program started in 2011.
I am over the moon at being a Master, I will continue to share my knowledge, and blog and tweet and champion the products and solutions.
Thanks HCL and congratulations to my fellow masters – see you at Engage in March 🙂
Don’t forget to join HCL live from Tokyo of the 4th of December at 9am Eastern, 2pm UK, 3pm European, 11pm Tokyo time (yes that is a lot of time zones) for the Global Launch of the next batch of HCL Digital Solutions software.
You still have time if you are quick to register here
Time is running out … you have just 2 days left to nominate someone to be an HCL Master. If you know someone who goes beyond their day job to help others, share knowledge, give feedback and champions the HCL digital solutions products then please nominate them … You can do so by checking out the form here
Masters are HCL ambassadors (not employees) and their commitment to sharing their expertise has a huge impact on the HCL community – whether they are blogging, writing books, speaking, running workshops, creating tutorials and classes, offering support in forums, or organizing and contributing to local events – they help make HCL’s mission of making technology play nice, possible.
Last night I recieved an exciting mail
Join HCL live from Tokyo of the 4th of December at 9am Eastern, 2pm UK, 3pm European, 11pm Tokyo time (yes that is a lot of time zones) for the Global Launch of the next batch of HCL Digital Solutions software.
As part of the global launch new versions of HCL Domino, Sametime and Connections – which is super exciting. There will be live demos, news and roadmaps and lots of other exciting things. Its just a shame its half a world away as I would LOVE to have been there.
The Agenda is looking pretty good – I have taken this from the registration page
- Live from Tokyo Keynote: A Major HCL Milestone. These new releases represent our commitment to relentlessly modernize and innovate these products.
- Myth Busters: “Domino is old. It’s uncool. It isn’t valuable to my business anymore. Connections is built for engineers by engineers.” We’ve heard them all. Let us show you why they’re wrong.
- The CIO’s Imperatives for 2020: How are the most strategic and successful CIOs preparing for the next decade? Putting customers first and making IT the department of “yes,” for starters. Come learn what else is essential to leadership.
- Domino V11: Why Modernizing Beats Migrating. Get ready to rethink what you know about Domino, and let us prove why V11 is the smartest choice for your current and future app-dev decisions.
- We Hear You?: HCL Connections 6.5 = More Value from Your Investment. During the #LetsConnect customer jams, the Connections Ideas Lab and countless other points of input, we have been listening to you. With 6.5, we’re delivering even more value for Connections and laying the foundation for what’s to come.
I am very much looking forward to this event and will be avidly blogging and tweeting as it happens. You can register for the keynote here and share with your friends, customers and colleagues 🙂
On Tuesday I joined the HCL Connections – Our Future is Now call, thank you Mat Newman for tweeting about it as I had totally missed this was on.
Wow there was a lot packed into that hour ..
The highlights for me were:
- Tailored Experiences and the community updates
- Totally customisable spaces
- Built with widgets
- Lifecycle management (YES!)
- The Road Map – so so much being delievered over the next 18 months
- Connections 6 CR
- Connections 6.5
- 3rd Party Integrations
- Connections 7
- Lowering the TCO for the Componant Pack – Can not come soon enough for me
There is so much good stuff coming plus the news on Connections Cloud and the new offerings, I have written a full roundup over at the BCC Blog , so please check out the full posting there.
In the midst of all the news (or non news as they can’t really talk too much about the deal) of the HCL acquisition of ICS from IBM, the awesome people at HCL have announced the HCL PartnerConnect program. Registration will be open in January.
A quote from the announcement
“HCL will continue the critical partner ecosystem model. We believe that all our product groups rely on highly technical experienced partners with great market presence.”
Partners have always been a massive part of the Collaboration Solutions ecosystem and this is great news that HCL are going to carry this on.
Looking forward to to finding out more about this when registration opens.