Adoption , Team Work, Collaborate & Share
My passion has always been in Collaboration and integration. Things should just work and work well together.
A firm believer in documentation and sharing knowledge I have become a champion for collaboration.
I have been a technology consultant for the past 20 years and love to share my knowledge.
Check out the blog for technical and collaboration themed articles.
I have been a user of collaboration software in some form or another for over 20 years. For the past 10 years I have been implementing collaboration solutions for customers and helping them discover how it can help employee procutivity.
I am a firm believer in writing stuff down and sharing knowledge.
Years as an administrator and implementer has taught me that documentation can be a lifesaver. Knowledge should not be hidden in someone's head - it is only as good as their memory or availability.
Implementing collaboration solutions is just the begining. A collaboration project should be all about the people. It is 10% software and 90% user adoption and take up of the solution regardless of the technology. Sharing knowledge and collaborating as a team can be the start of your collaborative journey.
Change the way you work
Collaboration in the workplace doesn’t start and end in email – there are so many tools. With bring your own device and in some cases bring your own software
- Collaborative tools were designed to make our working lives easier – they should not be a chore, making it easy for your team to work together is a no-brainer.
- K.I.S.S – Keep it simple stupid – working on a shared doc, joining a community or team or even a group chat can be the start of an amazing collaborative journey.
- Empower the knowledge worker – Roll out the tools to get thier work done and build it up – if they just need a screwdriver don’t overwhelm them with the whole toolkit!
- Encourage your best to share, send the elevator back down – take advantage of all the good stuff your employees already know.
- Everyone’s view can be valid – Factory workers can learn as much collaborating and sharing ideas to improve processes as the accounting or admin teams.
- Just because you can share doesn’t meen you should – With collaborative software comes great responsibility, real world rules still apply.